Friday, September 17, 2010

iPhone -- Invalid binary

I made a change to one of my existing iphone apps and tried to upload it to the app store.
Application loader did not complain and successfully uploaded the app to the store.


However, within a few minutes, the status on the app store would change to "Invalid Binary". 
I tried uploading the binary several times with the same result. No help from Apple, there was no warning message or error message as to why the App was rejected.


After several tries,  I realized that the original app was developed in XCODE 3.1 and the new update was in XCODE 3.2. Apple changed the format of "Entitlements.plist" from XCODE 3.1 to XCODE 3.2.  I deleted the Entitlements.plist, readded it the new app, Built the app and submitted it via Application loader.


Lo and behold, within a few minutes, the status of my app changed to "Waiting for review"
YA!!


So, folks thats the tip for invalid binary.


Drop me a note, if you feel this is helpful.

No comments: